Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fiction Podcasts/ Indian Country


I've fallen in love with the concept of fiction podcasts. Its very easy to download. I just go to iTunes podcasts and subscribe. Then I listen to the ones from previous months or weeks. I just finished listening to one that was superb. It was a reading of "Indian Country" by Sherman Alexei (sp?) on the PRI: Selected Shorts Podcast. The narrator was the phenomenal John Lithgow (whom I love). Perhaps you remember him from 3rd Rock from the Sun. Anyway, the story was fantastic. Hilarious. Sad. Dramatic. Dry...all at the same time. This, too, is a great tool for learning about new authors. I don't think I've heard of this author but I will certainly change that when I am looking for something new to read.
Other fiction podcasts that I enjoy are The New Yorker fiction and The Moth Series. My favorite fiction podcast so far was the reading by Gary Shteyngart called "The Curiosity of Sisters" on The New Yorker fiction. The story is by Andrea Lee. Also look out for "Two Worlds" on the PRI podcast by Jhumpa Lahiri (thats if u didn't already read it in her new short story collection).

No comments:

Post a Comment