Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So I joined a few book clubs... my first time ever. For so long, I have been trying to set up a book club. It never works. I've now come to accept that my peers are just not readers. Anyhow, I signed up for a neighborhood book club. They have chosen Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart. I read it before in college and enjoyed it but now in my old age (30) don't remember much. It will be interesting to hear different people's opinions and experiences with it and other books. I also joined another one that seems to deal with African-American experiences. This one meets in the city. Their choice is The Soloist and another one is by J. California Cooper (can't recall the title). I'll be joining them with their June choice, Miracle at St. Anna's by James McBride. I'll keep you posted as the meetings come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment